Walking the Talk
Walking the Talk, a culture consultancy company, approached us with a need to build a culture insights survey platform that would conduct employee surveys about culture and provide reports to different stakeholders to understand more about their company's culture from the view of their employees. After successfully delivering the first tool, we were asked to build additional tools and incorporate it all into one user-friendly platform.
The challenge was to build a tool that would effectively measure company culture and provide valuable insights to different stakeholders. It needed to be user-friendly and scalable as it was intended to be used by multiple clients with varying needs. Additionally, the design had to be consistent across all tools to ensure seamless user experience.
Here are some specific challenges and objectives:
- Understanding Walking the Talk's proprietary algorithms and models to gain insight into culture.
- Building a seamless and slick survey experience.
- Building complex dashboards with advanced filtering and drill-down functionality.
- Building a scalable survey engine that can handle surveys for companies up to 100,000s of people.
- Providing a secure platform with strong data protection and GDPR compliance.
- Building a design system to improve consistency of user experience and increase development speed.
We provided Walking the Talk with a holistic product team, including a Tech Lead, Product Manager, Designer, Engineers, and QA testers. As additional products were introduced, this team grew in numbers to reflect the need.
What we did
The first application has been launched and is now being used by Walking the Talk with their clients. We're now building additional tools to facilitate other consulting services they offer. All tools are built with the same design system, and integration is being made between the tools to provide more value to their business. After launching the first application, they no longer require the third-party service they used before, allowing them to offer a more seamless experience to their clients as well as reduce costs in the long term.